Preparing for the Unpredictable: Planning for Emergency Situations and Operations Breakdowns
Thank you to everyone that attended Events 101.
"Events 101 is a one-of-a-kind workshop for people who plan public festivals, events and other programs. As accessible and informative for new or volunteer event producers as it is to seasoned event professionals, Events101 delivers in-depth educational sessions on the nuts and bolts of community and public event planning."
Now that we have discussed the importance of planning. Have you asked yourself, how do all of the pieces fit together?
Some of the questions to think about:
- What is your check-in/check-out procedure?
- Who is where?
- How do you hand lost children? Who is staffing it?
- Do you conduct background? How well do you know your volunteers?
- Do you volunteers absorb the material in your security briefing?
- Who is on your leadership team?
- What happens when your leadership team is not there?
- Who's in charge?
- What happens when the power goes out or you lose communication?
- How do you handle food safety?
- When you have food for your volunteers, how long does it stay out?
- Which organization does your volunteers represent?
- Are volunteers your liability?
- How do you handle special needs in an emergency?
- What about people from other countries and different languages?
- What about people who cannot hear verbal messages?
- Who is watching the young volunteers?
- How does the weather fit into your plans?
- Do you have staging areas?
- How will you handle evacuation?
And while you might think you have incorporated all of these things into your plan, have you "Asked a Volunteer?" Just to make sure they understand how they fit in.
Here is the Who's In Charge video.
If you need assistance planning for "Emergency Situations and Operations Breakdowns", please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com