Sunday, February 1, 2009

Keeping the Peace in 2009

Okay, it has been a month since you made that New Year's Resolution. And every day we hear the news about terror about the world.

The following article from 10 things to say to keep the peace offers some suggestions.

1. "Thank you for your opinion. I'll think about it."
2. "Is this a good time for you?"
3. "Would you like my thoughts?"
4. "Why don't we get the facts?"
5. "I need your help. Can you please...?"
6. "Let's wait on this until we have more information."
7. "What did you mean by that?"
8. "I don't like that, so why don't we do this instead?"
9. "I'm sorry you're upset."
10. "Let me get back to you."

The complete article with additional recommendations for each item can be found at:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/personal/01/15/rs.10.things.2.say.family/index.html

No comments: